Thursday, January 15, 2009

A view of Hanoi, Vietnam

As a baby born in 1969, Vietnam features prominently in the TV, movies and books I read or saw growing up in the 1970s and early 1980s. That's one reason visiting Vietnam generally, and Hanoi in the north in particular proved to be such a fascinating experience when Diane and I went there in 2006.

Suffice it to say, we had a wonderful time adventuring around the labyrinthof streets in old Hanoi, shopping, meeting nice people, eating at fantastic restaurants (some modern, some a century old) featuring both Vietnamese and French cuisine, taking a cooking class and much, much more.

I recently posted a few of the many pictures I took in Hanoi on my Flick Photostream.

Click here for the Hanoi set if you want to check them out. 

Better yet, go to Vietnam and see the country. You won't regret it.


No comments: