Thursday, March 5, 2009

100 Posts from The Western Front

This post is the 100th entry on The Western Front blog since I started it back in April 2008. (Picture at left from FreeFoto.com)

In that time, I've averaged about nine posts per month - focusing primarily on subjects such as politics, music, travel, photography, food, entertainment and a few other odds and ends.

I hope you've enjoyed what you've read or viewed here, even if you don't always agree with what I've said or like what I've posted.

The goal I have for this blog is to use my first hand experiences and time spent considering certain topics to create posts that deliver one or more of the following:

  • Provoke thought
  • Share knowledge and opinions
  • Share photography
  • Have a good time

So, if you read The Western Front regularly, my hope is that after 100 posts, you have checked out some new music that you would not normally have come across, that you are hearing some political ideas that maybe run differently than yours to at least ponder (or if you agree with me you're getting your fill of my preaching to your choir), that you've viewed some pictures from around the world that you've not seen before, that you've gotten tips on some good restaurants and movies, that you feel like you've read some entertaining essays or opinions on society that make you think, and that you've had a few laughs.

The one year anniversary of this blog is coming up in about six weeks. I'll be playing around with some new formats to see if I can update The Western Front with a new look for the next 12 months. And, I'll re-cap the "Best of The Western Front" around that time too.

In the meantime, let me know if you want to know if there's something you want to know more about.

Marc



No comments: