Saturday, August 15, 2009

The new photo of the week for the blog is also a picture I'd like to highlight here.


















(Photo taken by: Marc Osborn)

In this picture you see the people of the Hoi An area participating in an activity that has taken place for centuries - the early morning rush of brining goods to market via the river. It was one of the many wonderful scenes Diane and I saw on our trip to Vietnam in 2006.

Here, I thought that the activity, accompanied by the mass of people wearing the conical hats made for a very interesting picture.

To get the shot, I woke up early and took a short taxi ride from our South China Sea-side hotel into the town. From there I walked to the market and then across a bridge directly across from the market. Even at this early hour, the town was beginning to hum, getting business done before the major heat of the mid-morning started to kick in.

At any rate, now in position, I used my telephoto lens. Zooming in I started taking shots. Of the two dozen or so pictures I took, I think this one came out best. I'm proud of it.

You can see more of the pictures I took in Hoi An by clicking here.


No comments: