Sunday, September 27, 2009

Football Weekend Re-Cap

The Ducks smashed the #6 Cal Bears 42-3 on Saturday and moved up to 3-1 overall and 1-0 in the Pac-10. For me, of course, this is OUTSTANDING. My football weekend was made right there. Next up for the Quackers is WSU. Good news: the Ducks are still improving and have the opportunity to go to 4-1 next week. No guarantee, I know. But, the opportunity is there for the taking. Bad news: despite improvement, I'm not too happy with the number of fumbles.

Meanwhile, my second favorite college football team - the Iowa Hawkeyes - took down #5 Penn State at Penn State. Both my parents attended Iowa and my father graduated undergrad and medical school there. Oh, and I was born at the university hospital. So, I literally got my start in life at the University of Iowa...and I root for the Hawkeyes each year. Right now, they are 4-0 overall and 1-0 in the Big Ten.

Back on the west coast, the Huskies couldn't stop the run vs. Stanford and despite all the hype, UW QB Locker threw two interceptions and fumbled once to help the Dawgs plummet back to earth this week with a loss to the Trees. I'm sure Locker will have a career day vs. the Ducks later this season (I am serious by the way), but this week he did not look that good.

I was impressed with South Carolina beating #4 Ole Miss this week. I was equally impressed with #11 VA Tech beating #9 Miami, #17 Houston beating Texas Tech and South Florida beating FSU.

I was unimpressed with #2 Texas pounding mighty UTEP, #8 Boise State beating up on Bowling Green, #16 Oklahoma State dominating Grambling State and #25 Nebraska trouncing Louisiana-Lafayette. You feel me? Unimpressed again this week with supposedly "good" team beating vastly inferior opponents.

And oh what a long season it is going to be in NFL land. The depleted but very neon green Seahawks dropped their game vs. Chicago. The Bears are not that good, and the Hawks are apparently worse. That anticipated NFC West champion season is looking more and more like a 7-9 or 6-10 type of year.

1 comment:

Blackjack Game said...

It is interesting. Tell to me, please - where I can find more information on this question?