Friday, October 30, 2009

Ducks, Ohio, U2, Canada, Sounders - All in One Week

I've had quite the week ! Football, flying at 37,000 feet, Ohio, Canada, a concert and a soccer game...all in the space of five days. (All pictures below taken by me.)


















My action packed roll started last Saturday when Diane, some friends of ours and me attended the Oregon vs. Washington football game in Seattle.

Being a Duck alum, the big win was really exciting. I posted some info on this game here.

The next morning, I was off to Ohio for a couple days of business, arriving back home late Tuesday night.

The next morning, Diane and I hit the road for Vancouver, BC where we had dinner at the great Chambar restaurant and saw the U2 show Wednesday night.

I am not a big fan of concerts in huge venues like football stadiums, regardless of who is playing. However, U2 did try and bridge the gap between the stage and the masses with a huge video screen and their passionate performance. All in all, it was a good show. Opening band Black Eyed Peas exceeded my expectations too by throwing down a compelling set.

On Thursday morning we met some friends at Cafe Medina for breakfast...a really, really good breakfast...and hit the road home.


Arriving home in the late afternoon, I turned around and headed out to meet friends at the Seattle Sounders FC playoff game vs. the Houston Dynamo at Seattle's Qwest Field. Our seats were great and there was a lot of action on the pitch. The game ended in a 0-0 tie. This means that the squad that wins game two of the series moves on to the next round of the MLS playoffs.

And then I went home.

Good times.


No comments: