Friday, October 29, 2010

Week Nine Pac-10 Football Predictions

Week nine predictions for Pac-10 football...

Oregon will trounce USC by the score of 48-24. I've been conservative in my Duck predictions this year - even predicting a loss to Stanford earlier. Each time I've been proven wrong and the Ducks have rolled. This week, convential wisdom and the pundits will say that this is a trap for the Ducks and that USC is good and improving...so, the chances of them upsetting Oregon are very good to, well, they will upset Oregon. I will go the other direction and say that, no, in fact the Ducks are up to the challenge, highly motivated, and the same things than have carried them through all of their other games this season (hyper offensive pace, spectacular running game, timely passing and running by the QB and a "bend but don't break" defense also adept at creating turnovers) will do so again. Sure, USC will score points, but they won't outlast or outscore the Ducks. Que the big Duck jinx simply because I have published this prediction.

Stanford will beat Wasthington by the score of 28-17. Stanford is just too good not to come out of this game against the Dawgs with a win. Their strengths line up with the UW weaknesses and I just don't see how UW wins this one...maybe a binge of turnovers by Stanford? That's about all I can think of, and I doubt that happens.

Arizona will beat UCLA by the score of 42-10. Arizona will roll over the reeling Bruins. It doesn't matter that this one is in L.A. The better team wins by a lot.

WSU will beat ASU by a score of 24-21. You see that correctly. I'm calling for an upset here. ASU is whipped and demoralized with little to play for. WSU isn't winning, but they are getting better every week. I think they get it done this time.

OSU will beat Cal by the score of 31-21. Cal is a strong team at home and a pretty poor one on the road. This game is in Corvallis. Enough said. Beavs win.

No comments: