Friday, October 8, 2010

Week Six Predictions - Pac-10 Football

Predictions for this week's Pac-10 football games...

Oregon beats WSU 55-17 in Pullman. I think Oregon could score more than 55, but this one may get out of hand early. Clock killing by the Ducks and second/third stringers playing may limit scoring. I think WSU gets a TD and FG in meaningful play and one TD in scrub time. I can only say that I hope the above does not jinx my Ducks.

Washington beats ASU 28-24 in Seattle. These teams are pretty evenly matched in my book. Home field and confidence coming off a big win at USC gives the Huskies the advantage against ASU who has lost three in a row.

Stanford beats USC 31-21 in Palo Alto. Stanford is very good on offense. USC is suspect on defense. Meanwhile, the Stanford D is good enough to hold on. Plus, USC is deflated in getting beat by the Huskies.

Arizona beats OSU 27-17 in Tuscon. Arizona is better than the Beavers and they are playing at home after a bye. Enough said.

Cal beats UCLA 17-10 in Berkley. Low scoring game. Cal is coming off a bye and is playing at home. UCLA has been impressive in some games (beat Texas and a ranked Houston team) and very sketchy in others (WSU, Kansas St.) and I think they'll be beat this week.

No comments: