However, the thing that stood out the most from viewing the game is the REALLY BAD movies that are apparently coming out soon. Here are some I saw ads for during the broadcast:
- Cowboys and Aliens - huh? Is there any way this movie could be remotely good? No.
- Captain America - a movie for children...even if they are adults
- Thor - see comment above
- Transformers 3 - yawn
- Fast 5 - some sort of car chase movie staring The Rock.
- I Am Number 4 - sci-fi romantic drama.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 - a cartoon for kids.
So, extremely light weight action movies with ludicrous premises, super hero pictures and sequels to previous hits.
It's sad in many ways because I believe that these are the movies Hollywood makes money on year in and year out. The vast expanse of the American public LOVES these type of movies and flocks to them in droves - so much so that Hollywood can underwrite other, better movies for Oscar contention. What does that say about the intellectual status of the average American mind?