Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful List 2011

This year as I ponder what I'm thankful for, I realize that they are essentially the same things year over year - all profound and good. Also, these are fundamentals that are difficult to displace with more trivial or fleeting things that might have happened during the year - however good they were.

So, here's what I'm thankful for 2011 style. If it looks a lot like previous years, there's many very good and wonderful reasons why:
  1. My wife Diane - simply said, my life. I lover her the whole world.
  2. My health and that of Diane - no substitute for being healthy. So far so good!
  3. Family - immediate and extended family bring us a lot of joy every year.
  4. Friends - all friends old and new add so much to our lives.
  5. Employment - hey, having a paycheck any time is good, but especially in these times!
  6. Travel - it gives us a new perspective no matter where we go - in the U.S. or overseas.
  7. Art - music, film, paintings, photography, sculpture or other forms of artistic expression are wonderful...either indulging us in something we already know and love or challenging us to think differently.
  8. Our cat Josie P. Jones - yes, she has her own full name. The "P" stands for "Pussycat."
  9. Humor - imagine trying to get through life without having a sense of humor yourself or being around people who didn't have one.
  10. Where we live - I simply love living in the Seattle area. Yes, it rains. But, there is so much to do and see here no matter what the weather...mountain views, desert, ocean, San Juan Islands, Sound, music scene, world class wines, great food, Canada nearby, skiing, hiking and so much more. And, the weather is temperate compared to the rest of the nation. Love it.

No comments: