Friday, April 27, 2012

Independence Hall - LOUDLY!

Last weekend I was in Philadelphia visiting a buddy of mine.

One of the things we did was visit Independence Hall, the building where so many of the important decisions about the formation of the United States of America happened. And that was impressive.

But, more impressive was the guide who took us through the building. Or, should I say mind blowing. Or more accurately ear drum blowing. This man was loud. LOUD!

Check out this very short clip I recorded.


I mean, you know, you go into a place like Independence Hall and you expect the ranger to give you info and such, but this guy stood ramrod straight, sported a long pony tail, glasses and a steely-eyed glare...and just blasted his monologue out at high volume and with precise diction. Add to the fact that he began addressing the group gathered in a small room. I was like being clubbed over the head! You had no choice but to pay attention and learn.

Magnificent. Oh, and don't get me wrong. He knew his stuff, he was informative and clearly he loved what he was doing.

My comment to my buddy was..."someone needs to get him on Letterman."