Friday, January 25, 2013

New Music for 2013

Well, it's been a while. Between the holidays, a super crazy start to 2013 at work and getting pretty dang sick...I haven't had time or inclination to post much.

But, the plan is still the same as previous years people. That's right, I fully intend to post my own music reviews, comments on politics, travelogues, gig reports, pictures and more.

To start things off, I thought I'd touch on a few bands who are coming out with new music this year that I'm looking forward to. Are these the most popular bands in U.S. or the world? No, not really. But many "big" bands are really over rated anyway.

Here's what I'm looking forward to:

  • The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law (out now). Power trio from Wales with a great female lead singer.
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Specter at the Feast (March 19). Dark SF band with killer hooks. Single "Let the Day Begin" can be heard HERE.
  • British Sea Power - Machineries of Joy (April 1). Art noise spliced with melodic rock. Check it out. 
  • The Courteeners - Anna (April 2) New single "Lose Control" can be heard (and seen) HERE. Straight modern British rock. Good stuff.
  • Mona - album title and release date still to be released, but expected in 2013. Great Nashville band doling out rock and roll as it should be.
  • Glasvagas - Later...When the TV Turns to Static (date still TBD). Some info HERE. For readers of this blog, you know I love Glasvegas.
  • The Static Jacks - album name and release date TBD, but expected in 2013. This is a lively band out of NJ that you should check out for a rush of great rock emo goodness. 
And of course, if even a few of these bands get to Seattle in 2013, you know I'll be there. 


No comments: