Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Joy Formidable Live in Seattle

Last night I went to a great gig here in Seattle at the Neptune Theater. The headliner was The Joy Formidable, a group out of Wales getting a lot of attention right now...and for good reason!

You can read my review of their new CD Wolf's Law by clicking HERE.

Suffice it to say that TJF came ready to rock and give it their all. Featuring the dynamo lead singer/guitarist Ritzy Bryan, the group performed a compelling and varied set of tear it up power chord rock, mellow acoustic ballads and mid-tempo melodies. Favorites  for me were This Ladder Is Ours, Austere, Whirring, Silent Treatment and Serenade.

I'd highly suggest you check out Wolf's Law and their previous disc, The Big Roar. In the meantime, here are a couple pictures I took last night...


The Joy Formidable live on stage in Seatte - March 27, 2013

Ritzy Bryan of The Joy Formidable on stage in Seattle - March 27, 2013


No comments: