Friday, November 19, 2010

Pac-10 Football Week 12 Predictions

Here are my predictions for this weekend's Pac-10 football games...

USC will beat Oregon State by the score of 35-21. USC has not fared very well in the state of Oregon over the past few years, losing to Oregon and Oregon State routinely there. I think this weekend breaks that streak. OSU is coming off a butt-whooping at the hands of none other than the WSU Cougars - in Corvallis! That's demoralizing, and sure, the Beavers will play better this weekend than last, but you don't often lose one week to the worst team in the league and then win against one of the better ones the next. And I don't think this happens here. Plus, USC has played well this  year and has really good talent...better than OSU overall. And by the way, whatever OSU does  against USC, I firmly believe they will play their best game of the season against the Ducks on Dec. 4 - no doubt in my mind.

Standford will beat Cal by the score of 31-17 at Berkley. Cal gave a great effort against Oregon last weekend, so you might say that they are improving, at home and barely lost to the #1 team in the league and in the country...so, certainly they should beat Stanford. But, I think they will not fare as well against Stanford. Call it a come down or simply not matching up as well vs. Stanford, but I don't see Cal winning this one.

I did not get a prediction in on Washington vs. UCLA as that game was played this week on Thursday. I will say that if I try to be objective I would have predicted a UW win - particularly because it was at home and senior day.

Oregon and Arizona have the weekend off, but play each other on Nov. 26. WSU and Arizona State also have a bye this weekend.

No comments: