Monday, October 10, 2011

Mona Plays Live in Ballard

An up-and-coming band I've kept my ear on recently, Mona, played a gig last night at the small Tractor Tavern venue in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. A buddy and I went to check them out and were glad we did.

More info on Mona HERE.

In addition to their ripping set of melodic, edgy rock and roll we also were fortunate enough to meet each member of the band at some point in the evening and we can report that members of Mona are approachable, good guys who appreciate people who come out to their shows.

Unfortunately, my point-and-shoot digital camera was on the fritz, so the few pictures I attempted to take did not turn out very good. Here is one that kinda (but not really) turned out at least somewhat visible...



More pictures of Mona that I took when they played the Showbox SoDo earlier this year are HERE. Mona are the last few pictures in the set.

Opening bands Sunday evening, Funeral Party and Locksley, were both quality and if you're interested in new bands to check out, I'd add them to the list.




No comments: