What I found was interesting in several ways...
The most viewed single post on this blog by a long shot is one that I wrote, ironically, on the topic of which photos from my Flikr Photostream were getting the most views. The title of this all-time eyeball getting post was "Naked, Gay, Vietnam, Taj...and Don't Tread On Me." The title is literally a descriptive list of the pictures getting the most looks on Flickr.
Not much of a post really as it just runs down the top 10 most viewed pictures and my quick thoughts on why these pictures might be getting views.
But oh that title. Turns out as you know...there are A SHIT LOAD of people online looking for either just naked pictures of people or naked gay people. And that headline was too much for them to pass up a look. I know...surprise, surprise.
So you know, "naked" referred to a picture I took of the naked bicycle riders in the annual Solstice Parade in Seattle. And the "gay" picture referred to was a shot of a person participating in the Seattle Gay Pride parade, not naked. And the other items were
The rest of the top five most viewed were mostly travel essays that I wrote or an album review. This restored some amount of hope in me for humanity and I was pleased to see some alignment between what I enjoy writing about and people's interests in viewing things on my blog...
- Indeed, clocking in at the second most viewed post was my post about Diane and my travel to Egypt - in particular our stay in Luxor and the Valley of the Kings.
- Next on the list was one of my pieces on our trip to Romania, focusing on Bucharest and Snagov.
- Then an album review. I wrote my thoughts the release called Euphoric Heartbreak by one of my favorite bands, Glasvegas. Good to know some people appreciate good, new music!
- And then rounding out the top five was a post I wrote about our stay in Savannah, GA back in 2009. In the post I talk about the sights and great food we experienced in the city.
- Naked, Gay Report on Travel to France
- Naked, Gay Album Review of Latest from U2